*For Board specific information please visit the individual pages located on the left hand side of the home page*


Q.        Where is your office located? Where can I park?  What are your hours of business?   

A.         Our office is located on the 1st floor of the JR Williams Building (Hall of Mirrors) at 700 West State Street, in Boise, which is directly behind the Capitol Building.

B.         Metered parking is available on the street. There is also a visitor’s parking lot located on the corner of 6th and Washington.

C.         Our office is open from 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday. We are closed on holidays.


Q.        What is the correct mailing address and other contact information?  

A.        The Bureau of Occupational Licenses P.O. Box 83720 Boise, Idaho 83720-0063. If sending mail via FedEx, UPS, etc; please send to: 700 West State Street First Floor- East Boise Idaho 83702-5868.

B.         Main telephone number (208) 334-3233.

C.         Fax number (208) 334-3945.

D.         Email address is ibol@ibol.idaho.gov  


Q.        How can I verify if a license has been issued? 

A.        Licensure status can be verified by performing a License & Registration Search. Updates to this site are done three (3) times daily.   


Q.        I am applying for licensure in another state and it requires verification of my Idaho license. What do I need to do? Is there a fee?

A1.       You may submit a Request for License Certification form, located under Quick Links on the home page, or send a written request to The Bureau of Occupational Licenses PO Box 83720, Boise, ID 83720-0063.  Please include your license number and the form the other state provided to you, if applicable. If no form is available, a written request with the appropriate mailing address must be included.

A2.       Yes, there is a $10.00 certification fee. Payments are accepted in the form of a  money order, cashier’s check, certified check, or personal check made payable to IBOL. Please note, we are unable to take license verification payments over the telephone or on line.


Q.        How can I renew my license?

A.         Six weeks prior to your renewal date, the Bureau will send a notice to your mailing address. You can submit the completed renewal application along with a check or money order for the appropriate fee. Please note, the post office does not forward our state mail therefore, if this office does not have your current mailing address this notice will be returned as undeliverable.


Up to six (6) weeks prior to the expiration date, you can renew your license on line with a credit card by clicking on the link entitled On line Renewal Application, located under Quick Links located on the home page.  


Q.        I have moved and need to update my contact information. How can I do this? 

A.         Under Quick Links there is a link entitled Online Address Changes or if preferred you may send the changes in writing via fax, email, or postal mail to the Bureau office. Contact information is noted above.


Q.        My license has lapsed, what must I do to re-activate it?

A.         Each profession may have different requirements. For specific information please visit the applicable Board’s licensure law and licensure rules. These links are located on the left side of the screen.


Q.        How can I obtain a mailing list of licensees? Is there a fee for this service? 

A.         You may obtain a licensure list by clicking on the link entitled License and Registration Search. At the bottom of the search screen you will click on “Advanced Search” and enter the relative criteria you are searching for. Once you have searched for the records, you may then click on the “Send to Excel” option for a complete listing of information that is a matter of public record. There is no fee for this service and this is available on line anytime.


Q.        I want to obtain an Idaho license/registration. What do I need to do? 

A.         You will need to submit the required application form(s). Applications may be found under the individual board pages located to the left and towards the bottom left hand side of the screen you will want to click on the link(s) entitled “Forms.”


Q.        I want to submit a complaint.  What do I need to do?

A.         Our complaint form is available for download or you may register and file your complaint on our website (on the right side of the home page look for Filing a Complaint). 

Complaints must be submitted in writing or on our website, include your full name and contact information, the full name of the licensee being reported, and a brief description of the problem.  It is helpful to include the names and contact information of any witnesses.  We cannot act upon anonymous complaints.