Idaho State Board of Denturitry
MINUTES OF April 2, 1999
ROLL CALL: Von Dickinson, Chairman; Robert Skinner; Al Lopez, Jr.; Kay Youngerman; Frank Harris
ALSO PRESENT: Carmen Westberg, Bureau Chief; Budd Hetrick, Deputy Bureau Chief; Roger Hales, Administrative Attorney; John Kersey, Supervising Investigator; Kirsten Wallace, Prosecuting Attorney; Janice Wiedrick, Secretary
The meeting was called to order at 9:00a.m. by Chairman Von Dickinson.
Kay Youngerman moved to approve the minutes of November 6, 1998 Board meeting.
Robert Skinner seconded the motion, motion carried.
Carmen Westberg, Bureau Chief, distributed the financial statement showing a positive balance of $17,045.97.
The contract between the Board and the Bureau is being drafted at this time and will be sent to Chairman Dickinson for a signature when it has been completed.
The proposed legislation giving the Board authority over unlicensed practitioners did not make it out of committee.
Budd Hetrick, Deputy Bureau Chief, met with the Board to discuss the web page. Mr. Hetrick requested the Board check the web page and notify him of any additions, changes, etc.
Mr. Hetrick distributed draft renewal forms which included a continuing education certificate of compliance. The forms were approved by the Board for use during the upcoming renewal period. The Board asked that an Annual Registration Statement form, as noted in Rule 475, be included with the renewal notice.
A list of all licensed Denturists, and those who did not renew, is to be presented at the November meeting for the Board's review.
John Kersey, Supervising Investigator, presented the complaint report. The report shows one open complaint, and that no new complaints have been received this year.
Kirsten Wallace, Prosecuting Attorney, reported that most of the complaints received by the Bureau involve refund requests. Ms. Wallace presented a completed complaint investigation and recommended closure, noting that no violation had been revealed. Al Lopez, Jr. moved that the complaint be closed with an appropriate letter of explanation. Frank Harris seconded the motion, motion carried.
Roger Hales, Administrative Attorney, met with the Board to discuss proposed Rule changes.
1. Kay Youngerman moved to remove the competency exam and competency examination fee from the rules, to be effective immediately by temporary rule. Frank Harris seconded the motion, motion carried with three ayes and one abstain.
2. Bob Skinner moved to revise Rule 150.03 by deleting the words "Idaho Educational Institution" and inserting "at a place designated by the Board". Kay Youngerman seconded the motion, motion carried.
3. Bob Skinner moved to set an additional annual examination date as the first Friday in January, with an application deadline of 90 days prior to exam, to be effective immediately by temporary rule. Kay Youngerman seconded the motion, motion carried.
4. Frank Harris moved to have an inactive status for licensees that can be maintained for up to five years by payment of $50 annual renewal fee and proof of meeting the continuing education requirement. To re-activate the license, the licensee would pay the regular annual renewal fee and document the required continuing education for the current year. Robert Skinner seconded the motion, motion carried.
5. Kay Youngerman moved to delete Rule 450.i., which requires licensees to carry a current CPR card. Robert Skinner seconded the motion, motion carried.
The wall display cards were reviewed with no changes being made.
George Brown College is to contact Frank Harris on Monday in response to letter sent after the last meeting.
Having no further business before them, the meeting adjourned at 11:15a.m.
Return to Idaho State Board of Denturitry Home Page
Return to Bureau of Occupational Licenses Home Page
Last Modified - April 24, 2006