Continuing Education

 CE providers may obtain Board approval by submitting a completed Continued Education Approval Form.


What is the Continuing Education requirement?

Rule 410 states in part:


Credit. Continuing education credit will only be given for actual time in attendance or for the time spent participating in the educational activity. One (1) hour of continuing education is equal to sixty (60) minutes. Courses taken by correspondence or by computer on-line may be approved for continuing education if the courses require an exam or other proof of successful completion. Only four (4) hours of the required continuing education may be from correspondence, computer on-line, or self-study in each renewal period. The remaining hours must be in an interactive setting that provides the opportunity for participants to communicate directly with the instructor. Each licensee must maintain proof of attendance or successful completion documentation of all continuing education courses for a period of three (3) years. (3-29-10)

See the full Rule 410 here. 



The Board conducts annual audits to insurecompliance with the continuing education requirements.  Audits may beinitiated any time after you renew your license.  By signing your renewalapplication, and answering "Yes" to the question that you have metthe continuing education requirements, you are certifying to the Board that youhave already obtained proof of having completed the required continuingeducation. 

IF YOU HAVE NOT YET MET THE CONTINUINGEDUCATION REQUIREMENT, DO NOT SUBMIT A RENEWAL APPLICATION INDICATING THAT YOUHAVE. Submitting a fraudulent application for licensure is grounds for disciplineagainst your right to practice.

If you are audited, you must submit alisting of all continuing education courses completed during the previous yearAND proof of attendance documentation for each course.  Failure to submitthe required documentation may result in Board action against your right tolicensure. 

If you have questions about the CE requirements, you may e-mail the Bureauoffice.